Free Consultation - Call Now: 

When you’re staying at a hotel or a resort, you should fully enjoy your experience. It may be one of the few times of the year you can decompress and relax without any worries.

But sometimes you have been in an accident during your stay. And if you're injured on their property, you may not know what to do.

That’s why the injury lawyers at Heintz & Becker have listed a few steps you should do if you find yourself injured from an accident at a hotel or resort.

And if you still have questions, call our law firm at (941) 748-2916.

Hotel and Resort have responsibilities to their visitors

Hotels and resorts are legally required to provide a reasonably safe environment for their guests.

While they aren’t liable for every accident that could happen, if they are aware of a hazardous situation that could cause harm, they must address the issue or inform their guests of the hazard.

If the hotel or resort fails to do either, they may be found negligent and you may be able to file an injury claim for compensation for your injuries.

What you can sue for

If you have been injured at a hotel or resort and you would like to sue, then it is important to know what you can sue for. Hotels and resorts can be held liable if you are injured on their property if they acted negligently.

A slip and fall accident is one of, if not, the most common accidents that could happen at a hotel or resort. But the situation dictates whether the business is liable.

For example, if one guest spills a soda in a common area and someone immediately slipped, fell, and suffered an injury from the soda spill, then the business would not be liable. The business did not know about the spill or have enough time to address the slipping hazard before someone was injured.

But if a room is cleaned and a slipping hazard was not addressed by the cleaning staff, then the hotel would be liable since they knew the hazard was there and did nothing to address it.

Slip and fall injuries aren’t the only thing guests may file an injury suit for. Hotels and resorts must also control any insect infestations on the property. Bed bugs would be one example.

Bed bug bites can cause infections and scars, so it is very important to document the injury and immediately visit a clinic or hospital. After receiving medical help, you can begin the process of filing and reporting your injury

When hotels and resorts are responsible for your injury

Hotels and resorts are responsible for your injury when your injury occurs on the premises. They can be held liable for your injury if they do not warn visitors of prior hazards throughout their property.

Proving that negligence was involved requires more concrete evidence, but establishing that hotels and resorts are responsible for your injury is a great first step.

Who to contact if you are injured at a hotel or resort

It is important to feel safe at any hotel or resort that you visit. If you are injured at a hotel or resort, contact the attorneys at Heintz & Becker. With attorneys who are experienced in personal injury cases, we can help you if you have been injured at a hotel or resort. We have locations in Bradenton and Sarasota, and we can help you if you want to explore your legal options.

Contact us online, call us today at (941)-748-2916 for a free consultation, or visit one of our offices for more information.


No Fees Or Costs Unless We Get Results

905 6th Avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205

Phone: 941-748-2916
Fax: 941-746-4281
Map & Directions

By Appointment Only

2033 Main St, Ste 406
Sarasota, FL 34237

Phone: 941-238-0093
Fax: 941-746-4281
Map & Directions

Attorney Advertising | Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.